It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: M 10
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:05 pm 

My experience in Venice was exactly as you describe. The very narrow walkways and small squares left virtually no room to back away from the front of so many beautiful churches and civic buildings that a very wide angle lens is truly essential. And, as you say, the same holds true inside the buildings, where often the artwork covers entire walls and ceilings. With your M10, the higher ISO range should allow you to photograph interiors where the lighting is kept low for conservation purposes.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:52 am 

The way I work is having a lens that matches the way I see. And for that I tend t naturally see, at this point in time, at 35mm FoV on 135 format. So 35mm is the lens I use for almost all of my personal work and about 80% of my professional work on a FF camera.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:07 pm 

Got out for an hour or so today. A few fast edits.

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:13 pm 

A few more from earlier today + 35 Lux FLE wide open

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:57 am 

Had a great time travelling in Northern Finland/Lapland last week. Jad my M10 with me newly acquired 28/2 & nocti.

Fantastic lenses both!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:42 pm 

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:06 pm 

Great photos, guys!
I apologize for being absent for a month or so, but I have been having problems opening the LVL webpage through my ISP (Time Warner - Spectrum). I’ve been working with senior technical reps at Apple (who have really been great) to ID and solve the problem. The ISP has been no help at all. I’m writing this using my iPhone with WiFi turned off, so I’m going through the cellular system.
Anyway, I finally broke down and traded the M9 and M-E for a new black M10. I tried a loaner M10 during a Leica workshop (Matt Stuart Street Photography) and loved it.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:40 pm 

congrats on the M 10 James. Can't wait to see some images from it. In my opinion it is the best digital color M to date.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:29 pm 

Congrats James!

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:59 pm 

Attachment:
IMG_1273-2.jpg

Hip-hip-hooray! :D :D :D I not only traded the M9 and M-E for a new M10, the Leica folks in New Jersey repaired my 35mm Summicron-m (now the lens hood clips on and stays on reliably), and with the help of a Senior Tech at Apple I am finally able to access La Vida Leica again. To celebrate, I posted a shot of my "rig" as I usually carry it around.
The paperwork from Leica Service indicated that the groove which the lens hood clips fit into had to be milled an additional .03mm; in addition, they replaced the lens hood with a new one. It took about 23 weeks, but I chalk that up to the fact that I sent it in at the same time as the peak CCD sensor replacement effort was underway.
Ultimately, I believe I was unable to access LVL because of filters that Time Warner Cable/Spectrum had installed somewhere in the signal path which, among other things, had the unintended effect of blocking LVL. I wonder if anyone else experienced this kind of problem. A number of Apple techs worked diligently with me, and we couldn't find anything wrong with my MacBook Pro or its software. A Senior Tech really dove into the issue and I suspect he may have pursued it with folks at Time Warner/Spectrum, because suddenly the problem just went away.
It's nice to be back. I missed y'all.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next