It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: M 10
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:16 am 

I wish the M10 had the black plastic pads on the ends of the top plate, to protect the finish from rubbing by the strap. I favor the prior generation Leica black nylon strap, which has the clever (and reliable) steel and plastic fasteners. The plastic part of the fasteners rub against the top plate, gradually marring the finish. If I can find the right material, I may try wrapping the plastic fasteners with something. I could change straps, but I like the very "grippy" quality of the rubber pad on the older strap; plus, that strap is very light weight, flexible and low-profile. Suggestions would be welcome!

Unread postPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:33 am 

It’s been a while since my last post. And it’s also been a while since I last used my M10.

For whatever reason, I just didn’t have the inspiration to use it. Didn’t actually shoot pretty much any photos for a while.. except few snappies with the iPhone.

Looks like I haven’t misses much though. Been awfully quiet in here.

Anyway, last sunday I got some inspiration back!

I got a chance to fullfill one of my childhoods ”little boy dreams”. I got to drive a Porsche for the first time in my life. One online friend, who lives nearby, owns a 2015 Porsche Boxster GTS. And as he was interested in my Mercedes GLC 350e Coupe, we agreed to meet & test drive each others cars. So I got to spend an hour driving a Porsche on country roads [emoji41]

Took a couple of quick shots of the car with my M10 & Noctilux.

Needless to say I enjoyed the drive, but I also enjoyed the M10 for those couple of minutes.

ImageImageImage

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:07 pm 

It's been a while since I've posted, too. I've been real busy around the house. Not much of an excuse, but it's true. I love the photos of the Porsche, and I envy your opportunity to take it for a drive. What a gorgeous automobile! :mrgreen:
My M10 is doing fine. However, I discovered a focusing problem last time I used my 50mm Summicron-m version IV. I sent it to Leica (New Jersey) for an overhaul, and decided to have it converted to 6-bit sensing at the same time. The receipt and estimate came back in less than a week, so I hope the lens will be returned without undue delay.