It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Under-rated, misaligned Leica R System
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:10 am 

I remember seeing an R4 at a camera show while attending college, it was way to expensive for a student however I knew someday I would purchase one as it was the perfect slr and still is. Small, lightweight with easy controls, just a hint of complexity with different metering patterns and exposure modes. The shutter has a most exquisite sound. I did purchase a model many years ago, although little used today it gives me much pleasure to take it out and hear the shutter. There is something beautiful about all the R models and I am hoping to add an R8 to my collection in the near future. The R lenses are also beautifully made as is their rendering, one can only imagine the beautiful optics the R system would have today if the line continued. I guess the S system could be considered the new R system.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:04 am 

Daryl, go for the R8 right now! Run, don't walk.

I am completely amazed at the quality and ease of using the R8 with the power winder. The 80 Lux is a marriage made in heaven and I can only imagine how the other R lenses would work but I traded my 50 Cron last year and hope to get yet another one while they are cheap.

I have owned all Nikon professional bodies up to the D3 and D4. I can honestly say as much as I loved the Nikon bodies, the R8 is in a different world and a magnitude above it for me. Simply perfect and feels like it was made just for me.

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:39 pm 

Imagedid someone mention R system. I like to use my R7 along with my vario-Elmer R f 4.2/105 to 280 and my 135 f 2.8 for any distance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro