It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dressed for Jazz
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:53 am 

I stopped and talked for a few minutes about jazz, about seeing a lot of great performers in Santa Barbara including one of my favorite trumpet players, Nate Birkey. So in walking away, this man started playing I Can't Get Started, upon which I walked back and showed him a video clip of Nate Birkey doing that same number with a band somewhere on the East Coast. Quite a vibe. f1.4, 1/90 handheld, ISO 800. I guessed the focus...

Attachment:
Bw_Charleston_Downtown05.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Double Negative on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Photo too large; included as auto-scaled attachment

Post subject: Re: Dressed for Jazz
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's a fabulous shot, Dale... Pretty darn close guess on the focus! Thanks for posting.

FYI, I put the image back as an attachment as it was really large. You can click on it to see the full-sized version.

• LitPixel

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:40 pm 

Double Negative wrote:
That's a fabulous shot, Dale... Pretty darn close guess on the focus! Thanks for posting. FYI, I put the image back as an attachment as it was really large. You can click on it to see the full-sized version.

Thanks for doing that. I hope there's a better way to post these, as an attachment? I'll have to try that.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

dalethorn wrote:
Thanks for doing that. I hope there's a better way to post these, as an attachment? I'll have to try that.

No problem at all!

When attaching a large image, it will automatically be scaled to fit within the normal confines and layout of the forum, but allow you to click on it for the full size version. Both versions are stored here. This is useful if you expect external sources (e.g. Flickr) to change, like deleting an image there. The post will still work properly.

If you link to an external image, there's not too much we can do about that, but one should try to use an image that's maybe 800px wide at most. Wrap it with the [ url= ] BBCode to link to a larger version. That's another solution that works well. But if you change anything on the external host, it will break the post (missing image).

• LitPixel