It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Leica Has my M9/MM
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:19 am 

We absolutely love Spain, we’re visiting every year and when possible couple of times a year.

Though we’re loooong ways off, it’s mine & wifes shared dream to move there when (if) pension kicks in. One of those 20-years-from-now kind of dreams [emoji16]

This time it’ll be in the sunny coast, Alicante/Torrevieja area. We’ve rented a nice house from there for a week.

Vacation dates for summer are somewhat of a mystery still, but Spain is on top of the list for destinationa then as well.

We went to Madrid for 10 year anniversary with my wife couple of years ago. Absolutely fantastic city! We had a nice hotel right in the middle of the historic city center, La Latina. Great food, great wines, old buildings... went to see flamenco in one of the most famous tablaos, amongst the locals. If you can, you should definitely go there!

Also love Barcelona, Sevilla and Granada. Have had some great experiences in each of them.

In Granada our hotel was right in the middle of the arabic quarters with views from our room towards Alhambra. It was magical during the night, as the castle was illuminated for the nights. We had our windows open and enjoyed looking at it with a glass of red wine. Then a nearby tablao started flamenco show, so we could hear the singing in the background...

Last summer we rented appartment (detached house really) with a nice backyard from Fuengirola. Views from the backyard were towarda the local castle ruins, which hosts annual music festivals. So one evening we were having our red wine & enjoying sunset when Sting started his concert at the festival. We listened the whole concert from our backyard!

This april trip to Spain will be my 12th in total. I guess that sort of tells the whole story.

Oh and just to stay on topic, if you go - take your M with you! [emoji23]

Post subject: Re: Leica Has my M9/MM
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:04 pm 

Don't worry...I take the M10 everywhere (OK...except the shower :D ). These days the Summicron 35mm ASPH is my "walking around" lens.
Your description of the locales in Spain are so vibrant, clearly you are a very seasoned traveler in that part of the world. I would love to see the other places you mention, as well as Madrid.