It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just Backed Into Getting Leica M
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:44 pm 

I joined this forum a while back when I got a Leica 90mm Tele-Elmarit for use on my Fuji X-Pro1. Yesterday after struggling with my OVF/EVF frustrations I visited my local Leica dealer to see if maybe I could find a used M9 I could afford. And walked out instead with an M (240) that has some light wear from being carried around a lot but not used much - just over 3K actuations. But with the Leica lens I also have a Zeiss Planar 50mm f2 ZM, so hopefully just enough to get started. But what a joy to be back using a real rangefinder! Looking to spend much time on this forum while I make the transition.

Post subject: Re: Just Backed Into Getting Leica M
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:08 pm 

Congratulations on acquiring the M, and welcome to LVL. Now, have a great holiday and get out there and take some great photographs! :D

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:16 pm 

James Lehrer wrote:
Congratulations on acquiring the M, and welcome to LVL. Now, have a great holiday and get out there and take some great photographs! :D

Thanks James! I hope the folks who invited us for Thanksgiving dinner today won't mind too much when I show up with my new-to-me M & take more photos & do less visiting. Cheers.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's great! Welcome to LVL and congratulations on picking up an intuitive, simple (yet very capable) camera!

• LitPixel

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:23 pm 

Double Negative wrote:
That's great! Welcome to LVL and congratulations on picking up an intuitive, simple (yet very capable) camera!

Not having spent nearly enough time to be able to conclude anything meaningful about the qualities you describe, I think I can safely say that I know it to be very capable (much more so than its owner), I do see many things so far that are very intuitive (as my last real rangefinder was a Voigtlander way back in the 60's, I need intuitive), but thus far about the only thing simple again is it's owner. Thanks for saying hello & welcome; & I just want to let you know how much I appreciated your article on using M lenses on a Fuji X (in my case, an X-Pro1). I am particularly glad I ventured into doing this as but for, I would not own the three M lenses I am starting out with for my M. Cheers.