It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: What else do you shoot with?
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:22 am 

I shoot with my 35mm Rangefinders 90% of the time. Primarily with a Leica MP but also an M3 and a Hexar RF. I occasionally shoot with a IIIf and IId.

For medium format, I use a Rolleiflex 2.8GX and an Arax version of the Kiev 88.

For large format, I use a Chamonix 45N-2.

Fernando Gomes Semedo - flickr

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:18 pm 

JDLaing wrote:
Oh yes.....I almost forgot!

A Remington 700P in .308 and a .45 ACP

I don't know that one. What is it?

My Leica M8 is, in fact my first digital. Up till now I have been lugging old Nikon cameras about. F through F5. A Rolleiflex and a Hasselblad 500C.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:18 am 

StenSture wrote:
JDLaing wrote:
Oh yes.....I almost forgot!

A Remington 700P in .308 and a .45 ACP

I don't know that one. What is it?

I think he is referring to a rather more explosive form of shooting than photography.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:33 am 

Since returning to the Leica fold a year ago my main camera has been the M9 but I still use my Pentax K-5 when a DSLR is more appropriate for the subject in hand.

Attachment:
reduced-1001309.jpg

Recently I have acquired a Ricoh GXR which when fitted with the A12 Leica M module allows me to use my nice Leica lenses in manual mode. When fitted with the P10 module it becomes a versatile compact camera with a wide range of focal length, video etc..

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:20 pm 

Like many, when I started shooting Leica three years ago, my Canon DSLR gear began to gather dust. I haven't been able to bring myself to part with the Canon gear, though, because, as others have said, it does things that the Leicas just don't do. More puzzling, however, is the distinctly split styles of shooting which come from the two systems. I can't help but feel artistically confused. So I still shoot both, having given up trying to decide which system to adopt full time.

Often enough, it comes to the physicality of the issue: when I am carrying my Canon gear, its heavy such that I just want to put it down. With the Leica, however, you never want to let go of it. Perhaps a humorous spin on the fact that the Leicas are ridiculously and lovingy portable. When in doubt, it seems, portability rules the day. Especially if that portability includes scaldingly sharp lenses, top-notch craftsmanship, epic image quality, etc., etc., etc.,...

Speaking of tanks - I use the Leica S2 sometimes, and its a beast. But a different animal altogether so I'll stop there.

I enjoy using vintage Olympus 35mm film gear, and also carry the Fuji X100 and X10, and Leica X2. In Japan, I also got ahold of a very odd and intriguing Bonzart camera...

Too many choices but very fun times.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:27 am 

M9P is my main camera, with the M6TTL a close second. For medium format, I have a very sweet 1954 Rolleiflex 3.5 MX-EVS. I also have a Canon EOS system assembled around a 50D body which is used mostly for event and flash photography.

In the "cameras that sit around unused" category, I have a Canon FD system kept mostly for sentimental reasons, two m4/3 cameras (the remnants of my m4/3 system sold when I bought the M9P), and a couple dozen assorted cameras that have been inherited, received as gifts, or bought inexpensively through eBay.

If you are interested, this is the (rag-tag) collection:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ramirezapo ... 106240318/

Cheers,

Antonio

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:04 pm 

I'm late to this thread, but I'll chime in. Was using M8 for personal stuff, family, etc. Used a DLux-4 for quickies. Sold both in prep for the new M (still waiting). The Fuki XPro-1 has taken the place of the M8 as a carry-around, although I'm not really in love with it.

For pro work (less and less of that lately--a very side business interest for me), I use a Canon 5D Mk II, and 1Ds Mk II. Shoot mostly portraits, bridals, and high school/college football.

For fun I got really into rangefinders and now have an MP, Leica CL, Bessa R3A, Zorki-4 with Jupiter-8 (was awesome on that M8). But those don't get much work anymore....*sigh*

All these were shot with 5D and 85/1.8. Sacrilege, I know.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44905179@N00/2087583711/in/set-72157600030742660

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44905179@N00/2087298899/in/set-72157600030742660

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44905179@N00/436600256/in/set-72157600030742660

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm thinking that Bessa would go great with the new CV 21mm f/1.8 Ultron. I've been using that lens on the M9 and it's fabulous. Haven't gotten to shooting it with film yet.

• LitPixel

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:17 pm 

Double Negative wrote:
I'm thinking that Bessa would go great with the new CV 21mm f/1.8 Ultron. I've been using that lens on the M9 and it's fabulous. Haven't gotten to shooting it with film yet.

Thanks for the suggestion...will definitely think about it. Love that 40/1.4 too.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:36 am 
Vendor
Vendor

Hello All
Regarding all the non -leica cameras i have only one thing to say....we all have our mistakes in life. If you are drinking champagne why would you then drink water? :evil: :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next