It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Favorite Bags?
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:38 pm 

I just came back from Leica Store LA with a new ONA Prince Street bag in tan canvas. I wanted a shoulder bag with good padding and moveable partitions, but not too big. I already have an older Billingham Hadley medium in sage green; however, I'm tempted to fill it to the point where it's too heavy to carry around all day.

That's what you have to consider when you get older. :(

I'll add a photograph after I get it fitted out.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:15 pm 

Billingham f/2.8 is perfect for X and X Vario with the viewfinders attached AND room left for a sunglass case.

For my full M kit with an X or X Vario backup the Ona Brixton in leather is beautiful and functional, though heavy.

Post subject: Favorite Bags?
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:16 am 

I tried the Ona and found it too small. Then I got a Billingham Hadley Small, I can fit the M-E and the M-7 both with the lens (usually the Nokton and the Cron 35 or the Summarit 50, and there is still space for another lens (I usually carry the elmar-C 90 in case I need a tele), spare battery and sd card on the front..... Not too big but either too small.

ImageIn my bag - update by MaxDeVa, on Flickr

Cheers
Massimo

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:41 pm 

I've added a third bag to my collection: a Filson/Magnum field bag in otter green. I won't try to justify the addition except to say that I obviously have a case of Gear Acquisition Syndrome, and I'm kinda crazy for Magnum-related items. Sort of a double-whammy.

The Filson bag, shown in the accompanying photograph, is a wee bit bigger than the ONA Prince Street bag, though still reasonably light with the M9 and M-E with 35mm and 50mm Summicrons, my Gossen SBC meter, extra batteries and memory cards and minimal cleaning gear. If not fully loaded, the bag is flexible enough to conform a bit to my body (though at the expense of rather light internal padding). Excellent for working in a crowd or urban travel. The dark color contributes to a lower profile.

I like the thick leather reinforcements where the solid brass rings are fastened to the ends of the bag. I also favor the solid brass snap-buckles which are used to attach the web strap to the bag. They swivel, so I don't have to wrestle with a twisted shoulder strap. As shown in the photograph, this Filson bag is designed with a partially-closed rim around the top opening, which provides some protection to the equipment inside while permitting reasonably easy access. The workmanship is solid, throughout.

I managed to scare-up a Filson luggage/ID tag in matching leather at a retail store I located on the Internet. I think it's been dropped from Filson's catalog, so they're getting a bit hard to find.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:32 pm 

Angelo Pelle Henri in WWI Brown
This is what I usually use for vacation and when I'm on the street.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:55 pm 

I recently acquired a new Billingham model S3 mid-size shoulder bag in sage FibreNyte with chocolate (dark brown) leather trim. I already owned a older Billingham Hadley large, and a Filson Magnum field bag; I wanted something smaller and lighter for day-trips and street-shooting.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've been using the Think Tank Photo Retrospective 7 more often than not. Holds a ton of stuff without being heavy or bulky itself. And now they've released a nicer v2.0!

• LitPixel