Alex Webb & Rebecca Norris Webb 2018 Oslo Workshop

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alex Webb & Rebecca Norris Webb 2018 Oslo Workshop
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:33 pm 

Every now and then when shuffling around the Internet I stub my toe on something really big, but instead of pain I feel a wave of pleasure. So it was when I came across the notice - in the Magnum Photos website - of the 2018 workshop to be presented in Oslo, Norway by Alex Webb and Rebecca Norris Webb.
Quote:
This 5-day workshop will be about finding your own unique vision of Oslo by using the camera to explore the city in a direct, spontaneous way.
Open to both serious amateurs and professional photographers alike, ‘Finding Your Vision’ is a workshop that aims to develop your own personal photographic approach.
This workshop will also be about learning how to edit your work intuitively, and will also include discussions about how to take your photography to the next level.
Participants joining the workshop, will also benefit from an individual private portfolio session with the instructors. The workshop teachers are Alex Webb and Rebecca Norris Webb, who, between the two of them, have published 18 photography books and have taught photography workshops for the past 20 years on six continents.
Note: This is a workshop for photographers who collaborate with the world, not for those who dramatically alter their photographs digitally.

The workshop will be June 15-19, 2018. Applications close January 22, 2018 or until the workshop fills. Details are available through a link on the notice in the Magnum Photo website.
Unless I win a lottery or save the life of a wealthy and grateful person, I won't be attending this workshop.
But I can dream, can't I?

Post subject: Re: Alex Webb & Rebecca Norris Webb 2018 Oslo Workshop
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:22 am 

I’ll second that... though this is about as close as these will ever come to my neighborhood. Norway is our neighbor, so in theory at least, this could actually be plausible. But the time... busiest weeks at work just before summer holidays. Hell will freeze over before I can get any PTO approved for mid-june.

Actually been to Norway several times, though mostly in the northern parts where we share land border with them and then down about halfway towards Oslo (until Trondheim). In Oslo I’ve only visited the airport [emoji23]

Post subject: Re: Alex Webb & Rebecca Norris Webb 2018 Oslo Workshop
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:33 pm 

I know. I had the same problem when I was back at work. It was virtually impossible to get away. Back in the 80s I had the opportunity to participate in a workshop in New York with Ernst Haas. I told my boss I wanted to schedule the time off and I got a lecture on how busy we were right then and how there would always be other workshops. So I stayed at work and regretfully Mr. Haas passed away the next year. I'm still kicking myself.