LVL Expanding to All Things Leica

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LVL Expanding to All Things Leica
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Regular La Vida Leica fans may have noticed that in recent weeks, we've expanded to cover news about Leica's compact cameras - and today, the S-System. We're thinking of expanding the rest of the site (which is primarily M-System based)... To embrace the meaning of La Vida Leica... The Leica Life. All things Leica. Who's in?

• LitPixel

Post subject: Re: LVL Expanding to All Things Leica
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:09 am 

For sure. I see no point in limitting our "Leicaness". Open the doors and bring them in where it's warm ;)

I wouldn't mind even a Leica binoculars review or discussion at times.. if it's Leica and it's optics - this should be the place to be.

//Juha

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:50 pm 

Great idea. There's a wealth of information and technology to discover.

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:40 am 

To embrace the meaning of La Vida Leica... The Leica Life. All things Leica. Who's in?

http://www.rockefeller.edu/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASQ

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:52 am 

Lucky123 wrote:
To embrace the meaning of La Vida Leica... The Leica Life. All things Leica. Who's in?

I would be much happier if the Leica forum at DPReview wasn't being run by a bunch of trolls. There are many other Leica forums obviously, but DPReview is huge and their Leica forum casts a shadow of unhappiness and dread over everything Leica.

I recently purchased a Monochrom and Noctilux, a D-Lux6 G-Star Raw, a C(112), and an X Vario. But after struggling with the obnoxious trolls and useless moderators at DPReview, I gave up posting and moved on to more productive pursuits.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:55 am 

dalethorn wrote:
Lucky123 wrote:

I would be much happier if the Leica forum at DPReview wasn't being run by a bunch of trolls. There are many other Leica forums obviously, but DPReview is huge and their Leica forum casts a shadow of unhappiness and dread over everything Leica.

I recently purchased a Monochrom and Noctilux, a D-Lux6 G-Star Raw, a C(112), and an X Vario. But after struggling with the obnoxious trolls and useless moderators at DPReview, I gave up posting and moved on to more productive pursuits.

That's a quite impressive investment!

And as for the dpreview forum, I've pretty much stopped posting anything there and merely browse it through maybe once a month.. it used to be nice, but now many of the amazing original contributors have moved on to other forums.

Same goes also for rff and luf. Barely touch rff these days and luf is turning into read only for me.

Trying to touch base here more often and then also getdpi is something I'm eyeing at. I think lvl & getdpi are the ones for me at this point. Much less trolling, here I've yet to see a real troll at all!

//Juha

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I invite everyone to make themselves at home here and make the forum what THEY want.

As for the others, yeah, not a fan personally (aside from GetDPI). I'll refrain from commenting further... Exactly why I created this place. A fresh start. No trolls here.

• LitPixel