Whither 8x10 inkjet paper?

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Whither 8x10 inkjet paper?
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have you gone shopping for inkjet photo paper in a while? I've noticed (actually several months ago) that it's just about impossible to find 8x10" paper anymore. Matte, glossy - doesn't matter. Canon, Epson, HP and others just stopped making it. Everything is 8.5x11" ("Letter") sized. Great for putting in a loose leaf notebook, but what the heck? My picture frames are made for 8x10" prints. And I liked not having to trim every print!.

The only way to get it now seems to be by ordering it online at a paper supplier, but even there the inventory is very limited.

Go figure, you can buy crate loads of 4x6" and 5x7" - even 11x14". I guess I was the only one left printing 8x10" and didn't get the memo... :x

• LitPixel

Post subject: Re: Whither 8x10 inkjet paper?
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe it was just a weird time in the paper industry or something... I just took a look at Canon's latest paper offerings and it seems like they may have moved their products around a bit. There's a new High Gloss variety, for example.

Some of paper grades are available in combinations of 4x6", 8x10", 8.5x11" and 13x19" (e.g. Semi-Glossy) while others have very few sizes available. For that 8x10" you can only get it in High Gloss or Semi-Glossy - but not Glossy or Matte. It sounds better than none at all... But I think it's time to look around for a Plan B.

• LitPixel

Post subject: Re: Whither 8x10 inkjet paper?
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:41 am 
Master in Training
Master in Training

I wouldn't typically print in 8x10 because its not the same aspect ratio as 35mm (the only ratio I shoot in), but for all those other sizes they don't cut paper in, I got myself a good paper cutter