Pssssst!!! Hey, you....yeah....you!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pssssst!!! Hey, you....yeah....you!
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:32 pm 

Psst...listen up.

Are you lurking on LVL? Are you really? I notice that everytime I log in, I see you listed as a guest. In fact, there are many like you... whatcha waiting for? :D

Lurking is okay. Done it on every forum for years myself, but let me tell ya something...we would love to hear from you! Post something. Anything. Just post!

Join in on the discussions and get this site kicked into high gear!!! It won't happen without all of you listed as "guests". We need ya, so whatcha waitin for? :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Pssssst!!! Hey, you....yeah....you!
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think we need a catchier title... Something like, "FREE LEICA MP!"

:P

• LitPixel

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:33 pm 

Hey! Here I am :D

Can't say I've lurked here for long though, but I'm ready to dive in...

I live in Uppsala, Sweden and have been shooting with a Leica since the beginning of this year (2011). It all started in 2009 though, when I got a DSLR and my interest in photography grew. Soon I wanted to try film and got an old all-manual SLR. Loved it, but it wasn't quite perfect. I was intrigued by rangefinders and managed to get hold of a Canon P - I thought of it as a "poor man's Leica". That was in early autumn 2010. But after shooting a while with the P I sort of thought "well, I really like rangefinders, perhaps I should try a Leica after all"...

In february I found an M4 - nice user condition, nice price - through the classifieds of that big RF site... And was totally hooked. The M4 is the perfect camera for me! I also got started with wet printing and now the DSLR spends most of its time on a shelf while the M4 is around my neck.

I've been coming here for the articles on the main site for a while, and didn't really pay much attention to the forum until I found it through tapatalk on my iPhone.

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Very cool, pobe! Glad you found your way here. :)

I miss wet printing - I used to have a darkroom setup in the basement but I just don't have the room (or time) that I used to. I do develop my own film still, but scan the negatives for digital printing. One of these days I'll have to dig out the ol' enlarger...

• LitPixel

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:23 am 

pobe wrote:
Hey! Here I am :D

Can't say I've lurked here for long though, but I'm ready to dive in...

I live in Uppsala, Sweden and have been shooting with a Leica since the beginning of this year (2011). It all started in 2009 though, when I got a DSLR and my interest in photography grew. Soon I wanted to try film and got an old all-manual SLR. Loved it, but it wasn't quite perfect. I was intrigued by rangefinders and managed to get hold of a Canon P - I thought of it as a "poor man's Leica". That was in early autumn 2010. But after shooting a while with the P I sort of thought "well, I really like rangefinders, perhaps I should try a Leica after all"...

In february I found an M4 - nice user condition, nice price - through the classifieds of that big RF site... And was totally hooked. The M4 is the perfect camera for me! I also got started with wet printing and now the DSLR spends most of its time on a shelf while the M4 is around my neck.

I've been coming here for the articles on the main site for a while, and didn't really pay much attention to the forum until I found it through tapatalk on my iPhone.

Hi, pobe! Glad to meet you! Looking forward to your posts! :)

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:33 am 

Hello from another grey day here in belgium, I have been popping in quite often lately and so have finally decided to come out of the shadows (quite difficult without sunshine).
I am a fan of rangefinders but don't restrict myself solely to them using an M6&9 but don't get much round to using film that much anymore only for the odd pinhole interest I have too.
I hope to post some images and hope to see and learn from more knowledgeable souls than myself and hope the site grows with interesting characters of the snapping brigade.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ced wrote:
Hello from another grey day here in belgium, I have been popping in quite often lately and so have finally decided to come out of the shadows (quite difficult without sunshine).
I am a fan of rangefinders but don't restrict myself solely to them using an M6&9 but don't get much round to using film that much anymore only for the odd pinhole interest I have too.
I hope to post some images and hope to see and learn from more knowledgeable souls than myself and hope the site grows with interesting characters of the snapping brigade.

Hi, ced! Welcome to the site. :)

• LitPixel

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:40 pm 

Hello,
I've just joined the forum and am a new owner of a nice M9 with a 35mm Leica lens.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

macjim wrote:
Hello,
I've just joined the forum and am a new owner of a nice M9 with a 35mm Leica lens.

Hi, Jim! Welcome to the forum. An M9 with a 35mm is a great match. :)

• LitPixel

Post subject: Pssssst!!! Hey, you....yeah....you!
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:35 am 

Thank you…