Strangest M special edition

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Strangest M special edition
Unread postPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:08 pm 

Get your Peeplz Republik of China 60th Anniversary MP for only $50k!

https://www.leicastoresf.com/store/prod ... 0000005833

Personally, I'm holding out for the Pol Pot Khmer Rouge edition in blood red or the Castro Brothers 60 Years of Tyranny edition in tobacco leatherette.
I think the lens in the Cuban kit will be a BYOGE (bring your own glass elements) version in celebration of 3 generations of Marxist plenty. Ring in May Day!!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Strangest M special edition
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:45 pm 

I realize that this thread is eight months and change old, but I feel compelled to comment. This camera/lens kit may well be the most butt ugly combo ever produced by Leica. It makes the orange and chrome Hermes edition look attractive by comparison, and that is no mean feat.

Additionally, I am at a loss to understand why Leica would want to celebrate the anniversary of the Chinese Communist dictatorship, seeing as how that totalitarian regime is directly responsible for the mass murder of 88,000,000 people at minimum.

To commemorate a genocidal regime of any nationality is morally and ethically abhorrent. Doing so was an exercise in extraordinary thoughtlessness and poor judgement of staggering proportions on Leica's part.

Ernst Leitz and his daughter, Elsie Kuehn-Leitz who risked everything to operate the Leica Freedom Train from 1933-1939 must be spinning in their graves: https://fstoppers.com/historical/how-le ... aust-50656