Do you hate the Lenny Kravitz Leica?

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Do you hate the Lenny Kravitz Leica?
Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:27 pm 

I don't have a problem with the buffer except on rare occasions. If I need a rapid-fire camera I'm using a DSLR. I find the menu very intuitive. It's downright simple. I've written 20+ guide books for Nikon DSLRs outlining the menu systems thousands of times between testing, writing, and editing and I still get lost in the system sometimes.

And I've really never had a problem judging sharpness on my M9-P LCD. Usually whenI download it I find it's sharper than I thought.

As far as Apple goes, they have a campus here in Austin as well. I have a lot of friends that work for them. And no doubt they treat their employees in the US well, but they farm out the manufacturing to companies like Foxconn that are so horrendous to work for people commit suicide. All this is done in the name of profit. Apples profit margins are enormous. And it's not because someone is hand polishing the aluminum unibody cases.
http://www.cnet.com/news/riots-suicides ... factories/

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't think I've ever used continuous mode on a digital M. Then again, most of my subject matter doesn't really move. As for the menu, I can't imagine how the handful of options could be any simpler. Now granted, the M is more complicated than all before it, but still. My Canon 1D2N gives me the willies when I have to go in there... And the custom settings require the manual as they're just referred to by number! Fujifilm has done a good job on the X series, FWIW, but I digress.

They treat (and pay) the workers in China well also; that was my friend's point. Yes, they did have a spate of suicides there, but that article is going on 2.5 years old at this point.

• LitPixel

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:42 pm 

I may raise the ire of some but to me at least, it is as if the M8 was a ß-tester model --LCD screen dies [soon probably sensor too], you're sh*t out of luck--, the M9; a proof of concept and the M240; prelude to something great & more fully-baked to come.

I've skipped the M240 altogether for this reason.

As an adjunct to my MM, may pick up a user M9 for sport one day--high ISO of only 800 and all, still love the color.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shetland wrote:
I may raise the ire of some but to me at least, it is as if the M8 was a ß-tester model --LCD screen dies [soon probably sensor too], you're sh*t out of luck--, the M9; a proof of concept and the M240; prelude to something great & more fully-baked to come.

I've skipped the M240 altogether for this reason.

As an adjunct to my MM, may pick up a user M9 for sport one day--high ISO of only 800 and all, still love the color.

I wouldn't totally disagree with you, honestly. Each new camera is an evolutionary step.

I'm fully locked in with the M9/MM (especially since they're of the same platform, essentially). They do what I need, and I'm happy with them and I'm a big fan of the CCD sensor.

• LitPixel