Till Bronner and Anna Mia Davidson at Leica Store LA

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Till Bronner and Anna Mia Davidson at Leica Store LA
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:23 pm 

Two new exhibitions open this evening at Leica Store LA: Till Bronner and Anna Mia Davidson. The opening reception runs from 6:00 - 9:00 pm in the upstairs Leica Gallery located at 8783 Beverly Blvd., in West Hollywood, California. The exhibitions run through January 18, 2016.

Till Bronner is one of Germany's best-known jazz trumpet players. Inspired by the late William Claxton, Bronner started photographing fellow performers with a Leica M8 in 2009, and since then has expanded his work to include sports figures, actors and other notables. His first book, "Faces of Talent," was released in 2014 by TeNeues.

Anna Mia Davidson is a professional photographer based in Seattle, Washington. She believes strongly in the power of images to influence, inspire, and impact the way we see the world around us. Davidson has two books: "Human Nature: Sustainable Farming in the Pacific Northwest" published by Minor Matters Books, and "Cuba: Black and White" published by Steidl.

Post subject: Coffee, Cameras and Conversation with Anna Mia Davidson
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:42 pm 

International photographer Anna Mia Davidson (see my prior note in this topic) will be Leica Store LA's guest presenter at Coffee, Cameras and Conversation, this Saturday morning from 10:00 am to 12 noon, in the upstairs Leica Gallery at 8783 Beverly Blvd., in West Hollywood, California.
Leica Store LA sent out an e-mail notice of this event, with an incorrect start time of 10:00 pm. I called and confirmed that the program start time is 10:00 am.
I have attended several of these informal presentations. Leica Store LA's staff do a great job hosting the events, and I've found them informative and enjoyable. It's a great opportunity to network with fellow Leica photographers.