Luddite?

It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Luddite?
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:35 pm 

Maybe.

I absolutely hate technology when everything becomes disposable. Studies are verifying that there is a link to societal problems but that is for another discussion.

Today, I saved myself a lot of time. I visited the Apple store, PeachMac. Why? Because I am a full-time photographer now and I am looking for ways to make money with technology. IMO, the current iPad/iPad2 is in it's infancy but the way to use them is to make them work for you, not the other way around as a toy.

I have spent days online trying to get opinions about the iPad and the Kindle and the trip to PeachMac was very informative and solidified my thinking. I can sell my documentaries, prints, etc. through Amazon on Kindle. But, the Kindle reader is only for black and white (and pdf) and too small for a couple hundred dollars. Moving up to the iPad, one gets a Kindle app free, and can do so many other business related things such as presentations, one on one or even with a projector for a group. Elegance. The Kindle would be...well, viewed as cheap.

I also know that I can use my full frame images without resizing/cropping/etc. so that has saved me a huge chunk of work and time. The only thing remaining is to find a part-time job at the local grocery to pay for a 32gb + wifi + 3g(which I won't use) iPad in black. Pick up two adaptors for presentation and a leather case.

I love it when I can come up with a do-able plan...even if it involves electronic devices....grrrr.