Good service from Leica & Dr. Kaufmann

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good service from Leica & Dr. Kaufmann
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:56 am 

As some of you know, my newly aquired M240 and 50 summilux weren't focusing properly. So I sent them in for warranty work early june to get it sorted prior to 5 weeks of travelling from mid-july onwards.

For what ever reason, it took two whole weeks for the gear to be acknowledged by leica as received for maintenance and then promise of 2-4 weeks for service.

Naturally this frustrated my greatly, because I wouldn't have my camera with me for my travels.

So, I thought about it for a second or two and then decided to contact Dr.Kaufmann about it. I thought it was a long shot, but pretty much the only thing I could do.

Within less than half a day, Dr. Kaufmann replied to me and took the matter under his attention. And today I got a message from Leica customer care that my gear will be express shipped back to me on friday! Happy days!

The start was rocky, but in the end Leica has come true. And also it's absolutely fanstatic to know that Dr. Kaufmann cares for "the little guy" as well!

As I've grown older I've come to more and more appreciate good service when I get it. I think this experience is one of those things that make Leica special and why I will continue to be their happy customer.

Thanks Dr. Kaufmann & Leica customer service!

This said, also my local Leica dealer came through. If the camera were to be late, he would have loaned me a 50 summilux and M9. Goes to show it's still worth shopping in brick&mortar stores ;-)

//Juha

Post subject: Re: Good service from Leica & Dr. Kaufmann
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's pretty awesome!

• LitPixel

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:01 am 

Had to send my Monochrom back to Solms via Leica Mayfair for a sensor remap to remove a dead pixel earlier this year. Got it back in just over 3 weeks.

Also Leica Mayfair are doing sensor cleaning for free from now on as good will.

Can't fault their service!

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:56 am 

Interesting times.. tracking code shows my camera was delivered to the local service partner today. Think I'll go and pick it up tomorrow :)

Anticipation building up... happy happy joy joy!

//Juha

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:44 am 

Well, I did get my camera back tuesday! But it didn't go exactly as planned, this time due to cock up's at the service partner side.

I dropped by around noon. There was absolutely nobody around the service desk.. I wait for about 15 minutes and nobody. So I walked around a bit in the store to find some clerk and pulled him aside explaining what I wanted. The guy proceeded behind service counter to look for my camera + lens.. and NADA! I was ready to get seriously freakin' mad. And right then the real service desk guy comes along and says he was picking up his lunch.

Anyway, he proceeded to look for the camera and again NADA. So he asked whether they had sent me a message it was ready? So I said no, but Leica sent it express and the tracking code shows it was picked up by someone over 24 hours ago.. And I end up getting the "poor you smile" and explanation that they check everything themselves as well, prior to handing out to customer and I would have to return after they send me a message.

Well, I wasn't having any of that! I told him it was sent express for a reason, because I need my freakin' camera back. And that I'd driven over 100 miles one way just to get the camera back. So the guy makes a call asking from someone, who is also at lunch and the other guy says he'll check when he gets back. So I leave my details again and tell the service clerk that I'll go for a lunch and expect to hear about the camera soon.

I eat a long'ish lunch with a friend and then call the real service guy as nobody contacted me. He knows the case and says they just need to fill the papers. I kindly ask when would he be doing that? And I get a yadda-yadda-busy-busy answer.. So I again explain it was sent back FREAKIN' EXPRESS for a reason and I've driven over 100 miles one way just to get it. After which the service guy relaxes his attitude and promises to have the camera ready within an hour.

And lo-and-behold, an hour later my camera was ready.

So, in the end all is well and I'm happy to have my camera back. BUT this whole ordeal left a really bad taste in my mouth for the service partner.. beginning to think whether in the end it was Leica covering up for the service partners laziness!

edit after testing: the infinity was still off! end result, I adjusted it myself with a 2mm hex key and using my eyes.. damn it!

So:

Leica: excellent customer service, camera service not so much..
Pro reseller: excellent service
local service partner: somebody should send them a letter bomb

//Juha