Think Tank Photo - Urban Disguise 20 Bag

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Think Tank Photo - Urban Disguise 20 Bag
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll post a longer review in the near future, but wanted to give this company and bag a quick recommendation.

It's worth noting that this bag is now discontinued. A very sad bit of news there, and somethng I really hope that Think Tank Photo will reconsider...

I've been using this bag since 2008 or so, with a lot of use both here around town and around the globe. It's been through the Caribbean, the jungles of Belize and Guatemala, around Europe including Amsterdam... It still looks (nearly) new without so much as a stitch opening up, a zipper failing or anything ripping. This bag is still 100% or maybe 99% as it has faded a little... :P

Love it. It's a great size and highly customizable that can carry UP TO a body with lens and up to five additional lenses. It's easily setup for a body with lens and say, two lenses with extra room for little things. But even setup for maximum capacity, there's still a lot of room for lens cleaning supplies, batteries, film or memory cards, a flash, polarizer or other filters, meter, etc. Even loaded to the gills, the bag remains comfortable, especially if you're used to heavy DSLRs.

From the outside, it doesn't really look like a camera bag. For one, it looks pretty small - depending on how you lay out the inside... It can be deceptively "dense." You get a bunch of Velcro padded dividers to fold, spindle or mutilate as you see fit. Also provided is a rain cover for those nasty days. Unless you're in a downpour, I wouldn't even bother.

Think Tank Photo released a new line called "Retrospective" including the 5 - which is very similar to this bag, albeit in a messenger bag format. One perk is the new "Pinestone" fabric, which looks gorgeous.

It looks like this - next to the Zeiss Ikon for size.

• LitPixel

Post subject: Re: Think Tank Photo - Urban Disguise 20 Bag
Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:21 am 

I have one of the Retro 5 bags in black and it is a very well thought out bag.

Post subject: Re: Think Tank Photo - Urban Disguise 20 Bag
Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:38 am 

JDLaing wrote:
I have one of the Retro 5 bags in black and it is a very well thought out bag.

I have one in the pinestone color - the Retro 5's nice, but no way you're cramming an M9 with lens and five other lenses into it.

M9 / 21 Super Elmar ~ 35 Summicron ~ 50 Summilux ~ 75 Summicron ~ 90 Elmarit
flickr