A pre-Bessa Dynamatic II from 1960-1962

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A pre-Bessa Dynamatic II from 1960-1962
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Perhaps a little off-topic, since this camera isn't "M system compatible" - it doesn't even offer interchangeable lenses! But it's a great example of what Voigtländer used to be like before Cosina bought the rights to the brand name. Hey, it's a rangefinder at least.

This camera originally sold from 1960 to 1962 for $139. It was my first "real" camera (and rangefinder) which belonged to my dad. I really started learning photography in earnest with this camera - despite the non-functional meter. Between Sunny 16 and experience, I learned to eyeball the exposure pretty well!

It hasn't withstood all the years unscathed; besides the defunct meter - the silvering in the viewfinder mechanism is failing and generally a bit foggy. Time for a CLA... Otherwise it functions perfectly, including the slow shutter speeds.

Notice the lens, though! A (fixed) 50mm f/2.8 Color Skopar. Lovely lens, even then - sharp, good color, good flare control, minimal distortion... Probably very similar to the (now discontinued) 50mm f/2.5 Color Skopar LTM lens.

• LitPixel