Quick intro...

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quick intro...
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:19 am 

Hi All...just signed up (like I need yet another photo forum!) but this one (and the associated articles and blog) looks great and as I'm a relative newcomer to Leica** and rangefinder photography I'm here to learn and share a little.
Retired urologic surgeon, SLR user for many years. Really intrigued with the special 'look' of Leica images (something magical about the whites and the ambient contrast) and especially avoiding the schlepping of boat anchors around with me.
Living in central Pennsylvania and enjoy all genres of photography, especially b/w, landscape, nature & macro and people.
Looking forward to seeing your images and reading what you have to say.

Kind regards,
Mark

**special thanks to Bill Allsopp for giving me the Leica bug and a fulminant case of G.A.S (gear acquisition syndrome) along with it.

M9 / 21 Super Elmar ~ 35 Summicron ~ 50 Summilux ~ 75 Summicron ~ 90 Elmarit
flickr

Post subject: Re: Quick intro...
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi, Mark! Welcome to the site (and glad you like it) - enjoy!

I can totally relate to the boat anchor comment, as before switching over to the M system, my regular rig was a Canon 1D Mark IIn with an assortment of L lenses. Not compact nor light by any means. After dragging a large kit around Europe one day for 10+ hours, I was DONE.

Pennsylvania is nice country - lots of opportunities as you mention. :)

• LitPixel

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:58 am 

JazzDoc wrote:
Hi All...just signed up (like I need yet another photo forum!) but this one (and the associated articles and blog) looks great and as I'm a relative newcomer to Leica** and rangefinder photography I'm here to learn and share a little.
Retired urologic surgeon, SLR user for many years. Really intrigued with the special 'look' of Leica images (something magical about the whites and the ambient contrast) and especially avoiding the schlepping of boat anchors around with me.
Living in central Pennsylvania and enjoy all genres of photography, especially b/w, landscape, nature & macro and people.
Looking forward to seeing your images and reading what you have to say.

Kind regards,
Mark

**special thanks to Bill Allsopp for giving me the Leica bug and a fulminant case of G.A.S (gear acquisition syndrome) along with it.

Hi, Mark! Welcome to the newest and friendliest little Leica world! Glad to get to know ya! Looking forward to more of your posts and photos! :P

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:16 pm 

Hi Mark!

I'm not too far away from you, living in Kingston, PA (next to Wilkes Barre). Glad there is another Leica user fairly close.

Jeremy