Panel: Impact of Images in News Media

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Panel: Impact of Images in News Media
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:44 pm 

A panel of artists and journalists will discuss the impact of images in the news media at the Getty Center's Harold M. Williams Auditorium in Los Angeles at 7:00pm on Wednesday, March 29, 2017.
Quote:
Do images really help us understand the news? An image is worth a thousand words. But is that still true? As images have begun to surpass text in our understanding of the world, we’re starting to recognize just how deceiving and confusing images can be. In conjunction with the exhibition Breaking News: Turning the Lens on Mass Media, this panel of artists and journalists discuss the impact of images in the news media. Presented with Zócalo Public Square.
Getty 360º Winter 2017, p. 9. Founded in Los Angeles in 2003, Zócalo Public Square is a non-profit organization that partners with educational, cultural, and philanthropic institutions, as well as public agencies. They publish a widely-syndicated digital daily. Their mission is to connect people to ideas and to each other by examining essential questions in an accessible and broad-minded spirit by convening events and by translating ideas to broad audiences and engaging a new and diverse generation in the public square. http://www.zocalopublicsquare.org/mission/
See my prior posting for more information about the exhibition Breaking News: Turning the Lens on Mass Media.
I plan on attending this panel presentation. If you are interested in meeting at the Getty Center for dinner at their restaurant followed by the panel, please send me a PM.