B Magazine's Leica Issue

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: B Magazine's Leica Issue
Unread postPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:31 pm 

"Magazine B" is "an ad-free publication offering an independent perspective on well-balanced brands from around the globe." Each issue is wholly dedicated to a single brand; past issues have focused on Ray-Ban, Lego, Audi, and New Balance, among others. Issue No. 34 addresses 130 pages to Leica: company history, products, design and marketing philosophy, brand appeal, collaborative products, and various retailers around the world.

The magazine seems to be directed to people engaged in marketing, product design, and advertising. It is an attractive publication, nicely designed and illustrated, which serves as a "crash course" in some of the elements that make Leica so attractive as a brand, including vintage cameras, the M system, S system, Monochrome, T type, C type and collaboration models such as the Hermes, as well as some accessories. For Leica users and collectors, it is a nice addition to the library.

Published in Korea, Magazine B's Issue No. 34 "Leica" is available in English directly from the publisher for $15.00 plus shipping (in my case, $24.00 to Los Angeles). I received the magazine within a week of ordering. You can see sample pages and order at the publisher's website: magazine-b.com

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: B Magazine's Leica Issue
Unread postPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have to admit, once I saw the cover, I was definitely intrigued! I might have to pick up a copy. Leica's own M Magazine is also very good, plus there LFI... So much good eye candy in Leicaland these days!

• LitPixel

Unread postPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:29 pm 

There sure is! :D

I look forward to each LFI issue, which give me excuses to drop by the Leica Store LA. The first issue of M had me hooked, but it was never clear to me whether there would be a second issue, and if so, when. Man, was I surprised when I visited the Leica display at 2015 Paris Photo LA, and they had a whole stack of the second issue, which they were giving away to attendees! So much for the good news. I suppose the bad news is that at this rate, the third issue may not be published until January or February 2016. :(

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:28 pm 

Those interested in Magazine B may also like to know about "Leica," a volume from a series called "Views of Brand Culture." The authors are Volker Albus and Achim Heine, and the book, in paper wraps, was published in 2004 by Nicolaische Verlagsbuchhandlung GmbH, Berlin. It is 191 pages, illustrated in color and black and white, with advertising culled from Leitz/Leica's history and images of and from Leica cameras. The text is bilingual German/English, comprised of essays examining how Leica has come to be viewed as a brand, and as an "object of desire."

The book can be difficult to find. One or more copies may be available from Lindemann's Foto-buchhandlung, an online book seller in Stuttgart, Germany with an english website.