Now Files Sent From LR6 Are Write Protected

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Now Files Sent From LR6 Are Write Protected
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:01 pm 

I apparently spoke too soon as I am clearly not out of the woods yet. Yes, I can now access my plug ins & external editors from LR6, but I just discovered after working on a LR file in a NIK plug in that when I attempt to save the changes, it stops mid way & advises that changes can't be saved as the files are write protected.

I've checked & the external hard drive that I moved them onto is clearly stated to be with read & write privileges, so I am assuming this must be something that LR6 is doing on its own to the files upon my exercise of the "edit in" function of the Library tool bar. But at this point I am stymied. Any thoughts out there?

Post subject: Re: Now Files Sent From LR6 Are Write Protected
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Strange problems with that external drive... Was it used on another Mac previously?

Sounds like it might have ownership/permission problems. One thing I'd try is running Disk Utility and verifying/repairing. Also, do a Get Info on that drive and make sure you have full read/write access.

• LitPixel

Post subject: Re: Now Files Sent From LR6 Are Write Protected
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:45 pm 

Double Negative wrote:
Strange problems with that external drive... Was it used on another Mac previously?

Sounds like it might have ownership/permission problems. One thing I'd try is running Disk Utility and verifying/repairing. Also, do a Get Info on that drive and make sure you have full read/write access.

Yep, did both of these things, or I should say attempted to do so. Disk utilities couldn't access the disk to repair it but the drive info confirmed full read/write access. My conclusion is a faulty drive & am awaiting return authorization from Adorama. After I restored all of my photos files to a LR folder on my internal drive, everything is now working as it should. Particularly no problem in accessing my NIK files; for example, here is a photo I edited using Vivesa 2 with all functions doing as advertised:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.