A collection of articles on cameras, lenses, photographic
technique and other related topics -- both film and digital.
These articles are regularly revised and expanded, so do check back occasionally!
- Leica SL: A Camera In Search of a Market - a critical look at the Leica SL
- Why Buy Leica? - A look at the reasons why to consider them as a photographic tool
- Buying Vintage Leica Film Cameras - How to buy a used film Leica and what to look for
- Leica and Bauhausian Simplicity of Design - The emotional connection to the design
- Overview of the M System - An illustrated history of the M system from 1954 to today
- M System Accessories - Discover ways to customize and fine-tune your M system
- Polarizers and the M System - A variety of solutions to using a polarizer are examined
- Viewfinder Magnifiers - Get a clearer, sharper view especially with faster or longer lenses
- Is the M8 Still a Good Choice? - A look at why it still make sense to purchase an M8 today
- UV/IR Filters - A detailed look at a critical part to obtaining the best images with an M8
- Anti-Aliasing Filter Primer - A look at how the lack of an AA filter affects digital M cameras
- Leica Lens Codes - Handy reference for ensuring your lenses work best on digital Ms
- Converting to a Coded M Lens Mount - Illustrated HOW-TO convert your lens
- Lens Primer - The Basics - A general introduction into all that makes up a camera lens
- Lens Primer - Creative Controls - Explore ways to use your lens more creatively
- Lens Primer - Advanced Topics - A more esoteric and specific lens discussion
- Utilizing Digital M User Profiles - The what and HOW-TO for user profiles
- Choosing Focal Lengths - Things to consider for your first and following lenses
- The Fascination with Full Frame - What is so appealing about large sensors?
- Introduction to Light Meters - Overview of digital and analog light meters
- The Rangefinder Difference - What makes a rangefinder what it is?
- The Travel Kit - Picking out and packing your travel kit needn't be difficult
- What is a "Good" Lens? - Is newer, more expensive necessarily better?
- Breaking the Photographic Rut - Ways to spark new creativity in your photography
- Color Profiling Your Camera - Ensure accurate and consistent colors
- Shooting in the Dark - Available light techniques are examined
- Using CornerFix to Correct Images - When even lens coding doesn't do the job
Film, Developing and Printing
- Using Filters in B&W Photography - Control colors and contrast with B&W film
- Choosing a B&W Film Developer - A broad look at popular film developers
- Quick Guide to Developing Film at Home - From soup to nuts on developing your own film